Spark Coverage Cup
Coverage Cup 27/10/17
The Bromium team started off the bids for the Coverage Cup, claiming a briefing with security publication TEISS, which resulted in a nice piece on their survey of CISOs. Quick to put their claim forward was the JDA and Centiro teams after hard fought coverage of the regular Customer Pulse report, for which the teams gained a bumper 11 pieces of coverage, including Post and Parcel and Retail Technology Innovation Hub which earned Will his nomination.
There was a spirited defence from the Elsevier team, who wanted to claim the cup for themselves for several pieces; notably a Letter to the Editor on the niche subject of the Chemistry Noble prize which was published in the Financial Times. The team also held up the research on the state of the chemistry industry, which was successfully pitched into top science publication Chemistry World, and was also supported by an interview with one of the researchers.
The JDA team countered this coverage with a fantastic effort from Aimee, who succeeded in getting JDA into a Retail Week supplement in multiple features. But quick to fight back was Dom, with a nomination for news of ViaSat’s legal action against Inmarsat which was covered by the Financial Times – in both print and online as Dom was quick to point out. Rob was keen to put in a self-nomination – normally against the rules but allowed with the rest of the SAP User Group team out of the office – for well-deserved coverage in Tech Radar Pro after several bouts of chasing.
It was a close call, but the cup is safely resting on a desk in the office. Can you guess whose?
- Financial Times – the reaction to the announcement of the Chemistry Nobel Prize 2017
- Financial Times – a look at Viasat’s legal action against Inmarsat
- Guardian – a look at the internet of things in a corporate setting
- Computer Business Review – a look at the link between software licensing an digital transformation
- Chemistry World – research into chemists' attitudes towards their industry
- Infosecurity – a thought leadership piece on security in the cloud
- ComputerWorld UK – an interview with Couchbase’s CEO Matt Cain who talks through its engagement platform
- Retail Week – a supplement on industrial retailing featuring JDA
- V3 – a look at the likely rise in IT spending over the next year
- IT Pro Portal – a piece on ‘insourcing’ and its impact on customer experience
- Information Age – the impact Mr Robot is having on recruitment in the tech industry
- SC Media – a look at how attackers can abuse encryption
- Tech Radar Pro – a guide to the best B2B tech events and shows